For over 50 years, Lacombe & District Family and Community Support Services (FCSS) has supported individuals and families in the Lacombe area through a broad range of education and family support programs across the lifespan.
Lacombe and District Family and Community Support Services was incorporated as a not-for-profit society on March 9, 1983. We provide many services and programs to assist Seniors, Families, Children and Youth, and the Community of Lacombe and District.
Lacombe and District is a healthy, vibrant and engaged place to live where residents experience a strong sense of community.
FCSS facilitates the delivery of locally-driven preventative social initiatives and programming which enhance the well-being of individuals, families and the community.
Guiding Principles - Beliefs:
- Lacombe's most valuable resource is its people
- Volunteerism is inherently valuable
- Partnerships are fundamental to community building
- Lacombe FCSS can support individuals, families, and community by providing well designed preventative social programs
- Lacombe has unique programming needs and we will strive to able to satisfy those needs
Core Values - We endeavor to:
- Respect community wisdom
- Encourage citizen involvement
- Promote volunteerism
- Endorse partnerships and collective action
- Demonstrate transparency, inclusivity and integrity
- Provide accessible effective programs and services
- Respond to the ever-changing community needs
Supporting People and Strengthening Community
We are located on the second floor of the beautiful Lacombe Memorial Centre.