Community Outreach Services are offered to individuals and families who need assistance as a result of issues related to poverty; such as low income, inadequate housing or homelessness, family or relationship issues/changes or other basic needs.
Outreach Services are intended to help reduce barriers, and increase quality of life of individuals and families accessing services. Services include, but are not limited to advocacy, referrals, accessing resources, community networking, social and life skill development, and goal setting.
An Outreach Coordinator is available to provide comprehensive case management based upon assessed client needs. Participation in Outreach Services is voluntary and free of charge.
Outreach Services are offered by appointment Monday-Friday from 9:00am-4:30pm.
Self-referrals or (walk-ins) will be seen as time allows and prioritized on a first come first serve basis.The community Outreach Program accepts referrals from community service providers, teachers, doctors, social workers and Lacombe Police.
Rural Outreach Services are now offered in Clive and Bentley
By appointment on the following days:
- 1st & 3rd Wednesday of each month at the FCSS office in Clive.
- 2nd & 4th Wednesday of each month at the Senior Drop in Center in Bentley.
To make an appointment in Clive or Bentley contact : Connie Malena, Rural Community Outreach Worker, (403)506-2830 or email:.
The Community Outreach Program is funded by:
- Lacombe and District FCSS
- County of Lacombe
- City of Lacombe
- Lacombe Foundation
- Community Donations
- Government of Alberta (CIP Grant)
For further information please contact:
- Judy Pyra, Community Outreach Coordinator, Lacombe & District FCSS (403) 782-6637
- Wanda Wagner, Community Outreach Coordinator, Clive FCSS (403) 754-5695
- Barb Carson, Community Services Coordinator, Bentley FCSS (403) 748-2160