2021 Community Grant Program
Lacombe & District FCSS is a non-profit organization dedicated to strengthening family and community life by offering locally based preventative and supportive services, promoting voluntarism and coordinating community partnerships.
FCSS Community Grant Program
- The City of Lacombe provides additional FCSS funds to facilitate the Community Grant Program. The funding for 2021 is $31,500.
- The grant supports local social service programs that aim to improve the social well-being of individuals, families and community through preventative programming.
- The grant funding is subject to annual Provincial FCSS funding and matching Municipal funds.
The Board of Lacombe & District FCSS makes the final decision on funding. The Board reviews and approves, declines or modifies the funding amount or may choose to “defer the decision” pending additional information.
Who May Apply for FCSS Funding
The program is open to social non-profit community groups based in the City of Lacombe.
Services provided under the project MUST be preventative in nature and contribute to one or more of the following:
- Self-reliant and resilient individuals
- Positive relationships
- Engaged citizens who contribute to community
- Address social issues and influence change
- Encourage active participation in the community
Ineligibility - Services provided under the project MUST NOT:
- Fund recreational needs
- Offer direct assistance including money, food, clothing or shelter
- Be primarily rehabilitative
- Duplicate existing services
- Be used for capital expenditures
Services provided under the project MUST contribute to one of the following outcomes:
- Experience well-being
- Connect with others
- Develop positively
- Function in a healthy way
- Have social supports
- Are connected & engaged
- Identify and address social issues
Services and programs supported by the FCSS Community Grant funding:
- Provide for the social development of children and their families
- Strengthen family life by developing skills to help people function effectively within their environment
- Enrich the quality of life of the retired and semi-retired
- Promote, encourage and support volunteer involvement
- Assist communities with identifying emerging social needs and developing appropriate responses
- Inform the public of available services
Application & Reporting Requirements
- Complete Application Form and submit on or before February 23rd, 2021
- Comply with the FCSS Grant terms and conditions, utilizing funds only for the purposed outlined in the grant application
- Acknowledge the contribution of the FCSS grant to the larger community
- Funds must be spent by Dec. 31, 2021
- Include required information in all shaded gray areas for the Final Report
- The final report is due February 23rd, 2022